Do You Need a New Perspective about Liposuction?
- Posted on: Oct 15 2017
How we perceive a thing to be is our truth. Perspective matters in all of the major aspects of life. It also matters when we have cosmetic concerns that we would like to address. For example, liposuction is one of the longstanding procedures performed by plastic surgeons to reduce the size of one body part or another. And yet, the perception that some people have about this procedure keeps them from attaining their goal. Here, we want to look more closely at what liposuction can and cannot do. Perhaps you will find your perspective changing as you read.
Liposuction Can . . .
- Refine the contours of a body part. This may be the thighs, the buttocks, the abdomen, or even the arms or chin.
- Achieve excellent results on patients of various body-size. One must not view liposuction as “only for larger people.” Many of the best cases of liposuction have been performed on average weight men and women who may even be described as skinny.
- Be maximized with adjunct procedures. The condition of the skin is an important consideration for liposuction patients. Loose skin will not tighten with liposuction. Therefore, the maximum impact may occur when liposuction is performed in conjunction with a tightening procedure such as abdominoplasty.
Liposuction Cannot . . .
- Result in substantially lower weight. This is not the purpose of liposuction. This procedure is much more about body contouring than weight loss. At best, patients may notice a few-pound difference on the scale. Expecting anything more could lead to disappointment.
- Eliminate the potential for weight gain. Liposuction permanently removes excess fat from the body. This fat will not come back. However, the longevity of results is largely based on daily habits. To maintain the contours achieved with liposuction, it is necessary to develop healthy lifestyle habits that include regular physical activity and low-calorie meals.
The team in our friendly Plantation, Florida office is here to help you make sense of your cosmetic options. For personal assistance, call (954) 472-8355.
Posted in: Liposuction